Completion Time: Weekend project
- Paint: Ceram Decor Satin Finish Perm Enamel by Delta (Pink, Blue, White and Gray)
- Sea sponge
- Painter's tape
- Polyurathane sealer
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cream marble sink
- Prep sink area with a clean rag and ammonia. Let dry and wipe clean. Clean again with alcohol and another rag. (DO NOT MIX THESE PRODUCTS AND USE TOGETHER!) Again, let dry and wipe clean. Protect your fixtures, walls, etc., or create any design by masking off with painter's tape. (Stamps and stencils are also good tools for this project).
- Place your paints on a plate or palette. Start with your two predominant colors (We made lighter and darker versions of some by mixing with white paint). Dab with sea sponge and gently dab excess paint off on rag or towel. Begin dabbing sink, working in small sections. TIP: Work the sponge with your wrist, moving it in different directions. This gives a more natural-looking texture.
- Once area is covered in one color, "build" your theme by using the other paints you've chosen, sponging one at a time. ANOTHER TIP: Q-tips are a good tool to use for getting those pesky corners coated.
- Once you've created the shades and look you want, protect the area with a polyurathane spray sealer. Allow paint to cure for 24 hours before using sink.
Helpful HInts: Materials available at craft or home improvement stores.
Back to the List