- General Supplies:
- 12-gauge wire
- Green grounding connectors (wire caps)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- 22-gauge wire
- Spray paint, variety
Canvas Flower Supplies:
Canvas dropcloth, cut into four 5-inch squares
Window Screen Flower Supplies:
Gray window screen, cut into 3-inch-by-18-inch strips
Sawtooth picture hangers
Paper Stalk Flower Supplies:
Painters' ropen paper, cut into three 6-inch squares, two 7-inch triangles and one 2-inch-by-6-inch strip
Burlap Flower Supplies:
Rolled burlap, cut into three 6-inch squares
Standard duty wallpaper paste, combined 1 part water and 1 part wallpaper paste
Electrical Tape Eucalyptus Supplies:
Electrical tape, brown
Seed Cover Leaf Supplies:
Electrical tape, green
Seed cover fabric, cut into 10-inch squares
- For Canvas Flowers: Paint canvas squares with desired spray paint. Cut canvas squares across two sides, leaving a solid area of 2 inches in the center of square. Fold squares; gather in the center with 22-gauge wire. Separate layers and gently pull in different directions. Hot glue onto a green grounding connector and attach to a 12-gauge wire stem.
- For Window Screen Flowers: Paint screen desired color. Fold each side of screen toward its center. Attach 22-gauge wire to sawtooth picture hanger. Lay strip of screen across hanger; wrap tightly with wire. After each wrap, make a 1- to 2-inch loop; wrap again. Repeat process until length of picture hanger is covered. Spread loops apart; shape as desired. Hot glue onto a green grounding connector and attach to a 12-gauge wire stem.
- For Paper Stalk Flowers: From the paper squares, cut a 4-sided propeller shape. From the paper triangles, cut a 3-sided propeller shape. Cut a 2-sided propeller shape from the paper strip. Paint paper as desired. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Twist green grounding connector onto wire. Slide a 4-sided paper propeller onto wire; secure with hot glue. Repeat process, leaving a 3-inch space between each propeller.
- For Burlap Flowers: Cut squares into 4-sided pinwheel shapes. Dip into wallpaper paste mixture; drape over paper cup to dry. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Twist a green grounding connector onto wire. Place 3 dried pinwheels together; slide onto wire. Push center into green grounding cap; secure with hot glue.
- For Electrical Tape Eucalyptus: Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. At top of wire, pinch tape together. Continue wrapping tape around wire, leaving a 3/4-inch pinched tab after each wrap. After entire length of wire is wrapped, clip tab edges to create the look of rounded leaves.
- For Seed Cover Leaf: Paint tape and wire green. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Fold green seed cover fabric in half twice, to create a small square. Pinch bottom corners together; press against wire about 4 inches from the top. Starting above the leaf, wrap green electrical tape around wire. Tightly wrap gathered section, shaping cloth like a leaf. Repeat process until desired number of leaves are made.
Completion Time: About 2 hours
Back to the List