Decorated Bar Stool
- Unfinished bar stool (Ours was 30 inches high.)
- Spray paint, gold
- Acrylic paint, cranberry
- Spray sealer, satin polyurethane
- 2-inch dense foam (enough to cover seat)
- Staple gun
- Glue gun
- Paring knife
- Palette (for paint)
- Coat bar stool with spray paint, following directions on can. Let dry.
- Using the paring knife, carefully cut a design out of the potato. It's easier if you cut the potato in half first, then carve out your shape. I carved out a star.
- Dip your star stamp in the acrylic paint and start stamping your stool. This dries fairly quickly.
- Once dry, spray stool with sealer. Follow directions on can.
- Now you're ready to cover your seat with the dense foam. Cut to fit seat and glue down. This helps it from slipping off the stool.
- Cut out enough fabric to cover foam seat, leaving a little extra to tuck and staple underneath. It's easier to do this if you turn the stool upside down on the fabric and center it up. I just "eyeballed" the tucking and stapling stage, but measure it out if that makes you feel more comfortable. Simply tuck and staple the fabric around the seat until fully secured. Trim off excess fabric.
- Using the glue gun, secure trim around the edge of the seat, working in small sections because glue dries quickly!
Completion Time: A couple of hours
Back to the List