Craft Supplies and Tools:
- Two 3" styrofoam balls for each Mumster
- For the base: a Halloween gift box or decorated terracotta pot with another styrofoam ball
- Large silk purple mums
- Colored animal eyes
- 12" x 3/8" wooden dowel
- Marble or stone vase filler
- Straight pins
- Chenille stems and bead garland
- Black paint
- Low-temp glue gun
- Glue one of the 3" balls inside the box or pot. Fill the remainder of space inside the box with stone vase filler for added support.
- Paint the dowel black and let dry.
- Cut a small hole in the top of the box to stick the dowel into the ball. Use glue on the end of the dowel.
- Pull the mum blossoms from the stems. Insert into the other 3" ball. Use low temp glue to secure.
- Glue eyeballs to the center of each mum blossom. Glue the mum covered ball to the top of the dowel.
- Embellish the dowel with bead garland and add chenille stem antennas to the top of the topiary.
Special thank you to Flora Craft for project idea.
Back to the List
Wanna see me make them? Here is the link: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/lifestyle/sonoran_living/How-to-make-a-Halloween-ghost-and-monster-mum-centerpiece